No Item in Project
S.P Richards Company provides a limited warranty for products it distributes under the Lorell® brand name. The Limited warranty only applies to Lorell© branded products. This limited warranty is extended to the original end-user acquiring the product from an authorized S.P. Richards Company dealer or distributor. The purchaser’s remedy is limited to replacement parts or replacement of the unit at the discretion of S.P. Richards Company and is subject to the provisions below. This limited warranty applies to products purchased after January 1, 2012. The length of your warranty depends on the product you purchase.
Limited 5-Year Warranty
S.P. Richards Company warranties products it distributes under the Lorell® brand name to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of original purchase unless a shorter or longer warranty period is provided below.
Limited 3-Year Warranty (SOHO Series)
S.P. Richards Company warranties SOHO Series products (including “SOHO Series Seating”) it distributes under the Lorell® brand name to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) years from the date of original purchase unless a shorter or longer warranty period is provided below.
Limited 2-Year Warranty (Fabric Components)
S.P Richards Company warranties upholstery fabric on chairs it distributes under the Lorell® brand name for a period of two (2) years from the date of original purchase.
Limited 1-Year Warranty (Accessories, Clocks, Heaters and Fans)
S.P Richards Company warranties desk accessories, clocks, heaters and fans it distributes under the Lorell® brand name for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase.
Limited Lifetime Warranty (Applicable to Chairmats, Fortress Steel Products, Metal Mobile Pedestals, Specified Seating, and Prominence 2.0 casegoods.)
S.P Richards Company warranties chairmats, fortress steel products (including lateral file cabinets, vertical file cabinets manufactured after January 1, 2010, and steel mobile pedestals manufactured after January 1, 2012), specified seating (including “Engineered & Assembled in the USA Seating” including the Adorn, Advent, Justice, Vevo, and Air series as well as “Contract by Lorell Seating”), and Prominence 2.0 casegoods all distributed under the Lorell© brand name to be free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns and possesses the product.
THE LORELL® SEATING LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
- For specified seating products marked with Limited Lifetime Warranty. S.P. Richard’s warrants to the original purchaser all components for the life of the product with the exception of upholstery/fabric and foam, which will be warranted for two years.
- S.P. Richards’ warrants to the original purchaser that all parts will be free from material defects. S.P. Richards will repair or replace, at its option, any unaltered components.
- S.P. Richards does not warrant any aftermarket hardware that is installed on the product.
- S.P. Richards’ warranty is limited to the normal use of the product in a forty hour work week and a 275 lb. weight limit unless otherwise noted.
- S.P. Richards shall NOT be liable for consequential or incidental damage arising from any product defect.
- S.P. Richards’ warranty is limited to replacement or repair and does not cover cost of transportation and labor. There are no other warranties expressed or implied other than those specifically described.
- S.P. Richards does not warrant customer’s own material.
LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This limited warranty does not apply and no other warranty applies to:
- Defects or damage due to accident, abuse, misuse, unauthorized repair, extreme environmental condition or failure to use products for the purpose and under conditions for which they were intended.
- Variations in color, color-fastness, or texture of materials.
- Normal wear and tear attributable to use of the products.
- Products not installed or used in compliance with S.P. Richards Company’s instructions or warnings, including care and cleaning instructions.
- Damage attributable to accessories, attachments, modifications, installations or alterations not authorized or improperly performed.
- Damage resulting from shipment or handling.
- Products used for rental purposes.
- Acts of God, such as hurricanes or floods.
Normal commercial use for seating is identified as the equivalent of a single shift, forty (40) hour work week and not to exceed a maximum weight limitation of 275lbs unless specified as Big & Tall seating or 24/7 seating. To the extent that a seating product is used in a manner exceeding this time period, the applicable warranty period will be reduced in a pro-rata manner.
Usage that is inappropriate for the chairmat purchased, such as; purchasing a mat that is too thin for the application, will automatically void the limited lifetime warranty. Chairmat color is not covered by this limited lifetime warranty. The use of metal chair casters or casters with surface contact of less than one inch in width or use on painted or varnished surfaces voids this warranty.
A word about color variations, fabrics and finishes:
Some natural variations occurring in wood, leather or other natural materials are inherent to their character, and cannot be avoided. Therefore, they are not considered defects. S.P. Richards Company does not warrant the color-fastness or matching of colors, grains or textures of such materials. Customer’s own materials (COM) selected by and used at the request of a user are not warranted.
Important Warranty Limitations:
This limited warranty is limited to your purchase cost of the product. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, S.P. RICHARDS COMPANY MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. S.P. RICHARDS COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
Notice to purchasers for home or personal use:
Federal law does not permit the exclusion of certain implied warranties for consumer products. Therefore, if you are purchasing this product for home or personal use, the exclusion of implied warranties noted in the above paragraph does not apply to you, but the implied warranty is limited to 5 years. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or a limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation or exclusions may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
This warranty applies only to product sold within the United States of America.
To obtain service under this limited warranty:
Your Lorell© dealer is our mutual partner in supporting your warranty requests. By following the procedures outlined below, you can be assured of the best level of service.
- Contact the Lorell© dealer from whom the product was purchased or contact the S.P. Richards Company (888-295-5839) within 30 days of discovery of the defect. Be prepared to affirm you are the original purchaser of the product and to provide proof of purchase for the product in question.
- Your Lorell© dealer or S.P. Richards Company representative will gather all pertinent information regarding the claim, inspect the product and contact S.P. Richards Company customer service desk. (Please allow a reasonable amount of time for inspection and review of your claim.)
- If S.P. Richards Company affirms that the product in question is eligible under the conditions of this limited warranty as stated above, the customer service representative or another representative of the company will determine whether to provide replacement parts, authorize repairs or replace the product.
All shipping costs of defective Products to S.P. Richards Company or its distributors, dealers or contractors are the responsibility of the original purchaser. If the Product returned is found to be covered by this Limited Warranty, return shipping charges for products or components under warranty will be paid by S.P. Richards Company.